How to choose the best domain name for a business
Choosing a domain name for your business can be a daunting task, as it will be a critical part of your online identity. Here are a few tips to help you choose the best domain name for your business:
- Keep it short and memorable: A short and memorable domain name is easier for customers to remember and type into their browsers.
- Use keywords: Including keywords related to your business in your domain name can help customers find your website more easily through search engines.
- If it’s an Australian business use a .com.au extension: The “.com.au” extension is the most recognised and trusted, so using it can give your website more credibility. If the .com.au extension is not available for the name you favour try .au and failing that .net.au.
- Avoid using numbers and hyphens: Numbers and hyphens can be confusing and difficult to remember, so it’s best to avoid using them in your domain name.
- Consider your target audience: Think about who your target audience is and what they might be searching for when choosing a domain name.
- Make sure it’s available: Before settling on a domain name, make sure that it’s available and not already registered by someone else. You can do this by checking with a domain name registrar such as Sydney Domains.